Dead Poet’s Society, Journal #1: Daring (3-1-16)
You should post this in your blog OR you may submit this through Google Drive.
- If you post your response in your blog, please add a new category titled “DPS Journal.”
- If you post your response via Google Drive, save a new document and name it “DPS-your name.” Make sure to share it with me (with editing or suggesting rights). Title the post “Dead Poet’s Society, Journal #1.”
Answer ONE of the following prompts in paragraph form.
- Describe a time when you did something “daring.”
- Use at least 2 Show Not Tell strategies (action, description of setting, physical description of character, dialogue, internal thoughts, internal physical sensations) in your description.
- Boldface where you use these strategies.
- Describe something you’d like to do that is “daring” but haven’t done yet or are afraid to do it.
- Make sure to answer these questions in your writing:
- Why do you want to do this?
- What or who has influenced you to do this particular thing?
- Why do you think you haven’t done it yet?
- Do you think that you will ever do it?