#NETAInstaWalk15: MOVIN’ and GROOVIN’ —> Another Year of Connecting Through Levity

netastickermemberGROOVE

Nebraska’s premier educational technology conference, #NETA15 starts NEXT THURSDAY!

Can I get a w00t (with zeroes, not o’s)?!

The witty, and wonderful Cynthia Stogdill (@CynthiaStogdill) and I have teamed up to present the second annual NETA InstaWalk. We wanted to tie in to the overall #NETA15 theme of “On the Move,” but we wanted to get a little bit funky with it, so our theme is “Movin’ and Groovin'” because we want you to get down with yo’ bad selves.

Some of you might be thinking, “HUZZAHHHHHH! I can’t wait to get funky!” and others might be thinking, “HUH?”

For those of you huzahhhing, I salute you. For those of you scratching your heads, I invite you to listen up: The InstaWalk is the more casual part of the conference. It’s the lair of levity. The fountain of friendship. The axis of ahas! …

To be more specific, it’s a photo challenge of sorts, in which we … Cynthia and I … challenge YOU … all attendees of the #NETA15 conference  … to have a little fun with your camera whilst learning and networking and growing as a professional.

There are FIVE separate challenges, and I reveal them to you below, along with the attractive digital badges you can earn by completing the challenges. We also have a SIXTH badge that you can earn, if you complete all FIVE challenges. You will have the rights to proudly display your badges on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or your own personal blog. That’s how prestigious these badges are. (Most importantly, it is fun to earn them. Yeeehaw!)

General Instructions:

1. Download the Instagram app onto your smartphone or tablet.

2. Give Instagram permission to use your photos.

3. Capture a photo you want to share.

4. Upload it to Instagram.

5.  Caption it with any info you want to share + #NetaInstaWalk15 + the hashtags that correspond with the badge you are attempting to earn.

While going about your conferencing business, be on the lookout for things that might fall into the following five categories: 1. things that enlightened you 2. old friends and new friends (and by “old” we are in no way implying anything about you or your friends’ ages, we are only referencing longevity of friendship) 3. your fashion and other people’s fashion. #edufashion, if you will 4. food! glorius! food! food you ate and food you saw and wish you could eat and 5. magic moments. (We’ll let you decide what that means.)

Since Cynthia and I were feeling so groovy when we were dreaming up ideas, we chose some hits from the 60’s and 70’s that made us feel like dancing … So move with us … groove with us …

If you do that, you will win this beaut:

SUNSHINEbadge

For your cultural edification, here is the song that we are referencing:

CHALLENGE TWO: #WithALittleHelpFromMyFriends #TheBeatles

To earn the #WithALittleHelpFromMyFriends award, post a picture of your and your friends. This is selfie time USA. Don’t hold back. If you have a selfie stick, I hope you brought it.  Be sure to include the following hashtags to get full credit for this challenge:

#NetaInstaWalk15 #WithALittleHelpFromMyFriends #TheBeatles

If you do that, you will win this badge:

FriendsBadge

And here’s the song:

CHALLENGE THREE: #EduFashion #Beautiful #Youngbloods

To earn the #Beautiful award, post a picture of your favorite #NETA15 fashion. It might be YOUR own fashion. It might be the fashion of one of your friends. It might be the fashion of a complete stranger who will become your friend after you tell her/him how much you love her/his fashion. Be sure to include the following hashtags to get full credit for this challenge:

BEAUTIFULfashionBADGE

And here’s the song:

CHALLENGE FOUR: #Foodie #AmericanPie #DonMcLean

To earn the #AmericanPie award, post some pics of your breakfast, coffee break, or your lunch. You know teachers love to eat, especially when they have more than 20 minutes to do so! Relish in it, but don’t forget to take a pic. (This is Instagram we’re talking about after all.)

#NetaInstaWalk15 #Foodie #AmericanPie #DonMcLean

AMERICANPIEbadge

And here’s the song:

CHALLENGE FIVE: #ThisMagicMoment #TheDrifters #JayAndTheAmericans

To earn the #ThisMagicMoment award do your best to capture what you consider to be a magical #NETA15 moment (or something that represents it since you can’t really predict when magic moments might occur).

#NetaInstaWalk15 #ThisMagicMoment #TheDrifters OR #JayAndTheAmericans

MAGICMOMENTbadge

And here’s the song:

If you just so happen to be one of those camera-happy, instagrammy, or super-competitive types and you earn ALL FIVE of the aforementioned badges, then you will earn the most valuable badge of all badges:

THE KODACHROME BADGE

If you think you have earned all five badges, be sure to post a picture of ANYONE or ANYTHING from the conference and in the caption, please use the following hashtags:

#NetaInstaWalk15 #Kodachrome #PaulSimon #IAmAMovinGroovinMachine

Here is the Mother of All #NetaInstaWalk15 badges:

KODACHROMEbadge

A couple of things to keep in mind:

• If you have a PRIVATE Instagram account, we won’t be able to see your pics, even if you hashtag them. I’m not pressuring you to lift your privacy settings. I just want to make sure you know that it will be difficult to participate, unless you friend either Cynthia or me, which is an option that will allow you to keep your settings high(er) but still get credit.
  • If you do not have a private Instagram account and you use these hashtags, there is a chance we will re-gram you on #NETA’s Instgram account or on one of our accounts.
  • There is also a chance that your photo may end up in the slide show at the end of Day 1 or during Day 2 at some point.

We are totes excited to move and groove with you. The main thing is: HAVE FUN with this. The NETA conference is already fun (unless you hate learning) but this will be the icing on the cake. If you have questions, feel free to email Jodie at morgetron@gmail.com or tweet me @morgetron.

Here are some #nebedchat/#nebedu peops you may consider following. (If I have left you off, it was either accidentally, OR we don’t follow each other and so I don’t know about you YET!) If you’d like to be added to this roster, please let me know.

NETA: @nebedtech

Beth Still: @bethstill

Craig Badura: @mrbadura

Cynthia’s Stogdill: @cynstogdill

Eliu Paopao: @epaopao

Jason Everett: @jason_everett

Josh Allen: @j_allen

Keegan Korf: @opsmrskorf

Kristina Peters: @mrskmpeters

Laura Kroll: @laurakroll_mandery

Lisa Eichinger: @lisa.ike

Michelle Baldwin: @michellek107

Stephen Sautter: @coach_sautter

and little ol’ ME: @morgetron (personal account) @mizmorgetron (classroom account)

If you want to know more about the #NetaInstaWalk14, <– you can click on that hashtag <– and it will take you to a link about the first annual InstaWalk.

SEE YOU ON THE DANCE FLOOR.

For Cynthia’s take on #NetaInstaWalk15, read her post HERE –> Tangled Librarian.