I heart podcasts so hard.

Silence 47/52Creative Commons License Gauthier DELECROIX – 郭天 via Compfight

As busy as we are as educators, it is easy to get behind on current events, and pop culture as well as topics that interest us personally. I have found myself filling in some of those gaps through the use of podcasts. I listen to them whilst showering, driving, or falling to sleep at night. The more I listen to podcasts, the more I think about the educational applications they have. I was listening to a podcast this morning about conspiracy theories that spurred historical events, and now all I can think about is sharing a portion of that podcast with my World History students as we head into our unit on revolutions. There are countless applications for pretty much any subject taught in school, which I would like to process through writing in the near future. For now, I’ll leave you with this: Sharing parts of (or whole) podcasts with students mixes up the way I deliver information. They often pose opportunities for critical thinking and discussion. I have a lot more to say, but limited time, so for now, I’ll post some links to some of my favorites that have potential for use in a high school classroom.