Take care of yourself.

via Instagram https://ift.tt/2w1yzvQ

Self care can be tricky because it’s often the first thing we cut out, if we run out of time. This school year I’m going to try to be better about prioritizing self care. I have found if I don’t take care of me, it’s awfully hard to take care of others. This school year, I’m going to make every effort to practice a self care routine EVERYDAY—even when it’s hard. Self care routines don’t need to be long or intricate, but they should take care of your emotional, physical, social, practical, mental, and spiritual needs. For me this means that everyday I’m going to read something enjoyable, write something meaningful, spend time alone and in silence, make something prettier than it was when I found it, eat healthy foods, and practice yoga. On some days I may spend only minutes on each of these things, but doing them everyday will be what protects me in those really tough moments that life has a tendency to deal us. I hope you have or are thinking of a self care routine for this school year too. #selfcare #selflove #selflovefirst #oxygen #body #mind #soul #bodymindsoul #teachersofinstagram #teachersfollowteachers #teacherstuff